- The system is an open source platform for design and integration. Using this method, Hydro-Electric or Wave power systems can be integrated into our Solar-Wind Smart Grid System as a single platform
- We are using a topology with a multipurpose dc-dc converter with boosted half bridge cells in series –parallel connections. Generally, the isolated step up dc-dc converters are used in UPS, hybrid plants, photo-voltaic cells. We opted for multipurpose dc- dc converter because it is less complex with better efficiency and reduced current rating. The converter will be connected to a low voltage input side of the power supply and circuits. In addition, we will be using a pulse width modulated inverter, which will be integrated with the converter. It will supply synchronized current to the grid. To get maximum output, an adopted Maximum power point tracking (MPPT) system will be used
Our system for clean technology is a hybrid system that has the capabilities to use Solar power, Wind power and Hydro-power. The main system is controlled by a central server station. The system will be enabled to control and monitor how much power is being used, where the power is being stored and what power units are distributing power. The power output can be increased or decreased, the system will calculate the efficiency and the different output power separately for the solar RTU, wind RTU and Hydro distribution system RTU. This way collective data can be monitored for each part of the smart grid, the operation can be tweaked through the Remote Terminal Units and the main control server to have the Smart Grid system operating at optimal levels, the system will adjust and operate as efficiently as possible during specific weather conditions (examples: very sunny and hot, very windy, faster water current, slower water current )
- The system will implement smart metering
- Will boast a highly efficient system
- You can control virtually the whole system through the main server
- System will adjust for specific weather conditions to operate as efficiently as possible (give the option to the user to adjust the operation of the system based on the current weather conditions to have the system working at optimal performance)
- The RTU (Remote Terminal Units) will be connected with the Solar machine, Wind machine and Hydro-Electric system
- RTU will acquire data from all locations, data will be transferred from the machine gateways back to the main server station.
- Data from the cloud installation from the machines will send data back to the remote terminal unit. Data collected here will be used for the system to be adjusted to operate at optimal performance.